While asphalt shingled roofs remain a popular option among homeowners, they are certainly not considered the best in options. Shingled roofs can become damaged over time and typically only last about twenty to thirty years. With a metal roof, homeowners can rest assured their home investment will be better protected so they have fewer worries.
Signs An Asphalt Shingled Roof Needs Replacing
There are many signs that can begin to alert a homeowner they need to replace their old shingled roof. Performing a roof inspection a couple of times a year is crucial for finding all types of damage that should alert a homeowner they need to consider other options for roof replacement. The following are some of the most common signs homeowners will begin to notice.
- Missing shingles cause balding spots that allow water damage to begin occurring. If a homeowner notices many missing shingles, it is time for them to consider their options for replacement.
- Shingles that have become damaged in any way, including curling, splitting, or breaks, need to be replaced. Instead of having constant repairs carried out, many homeowners are making the switch to more durable roof materials.
- Once a roof becomes older and worn, it is time for a homeowner to consider their options for roof replacement. The closer a roof is to the age of twenty, the more likely a roof replacement is going to be needed.
- Roofs that are covered in algae growth often need to be replaced because this means the algae is holding in moisture that can be damaging to the roof. Prompt replacement of the roof can save a homeowner money on water damage.
- Dips in a roof mean the wood decking is being damaged and needs to be replaced. To prevent rotting from occurring again, many homeowners switch to a much stronger material.
Get Started Right Away
If you are in need of a new roof, now is the time to consider your options by carrying out careful research. With the proper roof in place, homes can be fully protected against damaging water. Get started today by learning more and asking about a roofing inspection.